November 6, 2021 –
Barbara Alvarez will be speaking in person at the New Secular HUB in Denver on the religious right's vicious assault on reproductive rights, and provide insight on how the Freedom From Religion Foundation plans to fight back. Two ways to Register (no need to do both)!
- Send an email to email@example.com with Barbara Alvarez Event in the Subject
- Register on our Meetup page - https://www.meetup.com/FFRF-Denver/events/281102579/
PLEASE NOTE: To attend this event in-person you MUST wear a mask AND be fully vaccinated. Please ensure you bring a mask, proof of vaccination, and your ID to this event. Otherwise, you can still attend via ZOOM at the following link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86085668580?pwd=dXRwUy9UTlNhUTM3YTZGc3lZcFp6QT09
Barbara is the Freedom From Religion’s first Anne Nicol Gaylor Reproductive Rights intern, a program set up to memorialize FFRF’s principal founder, who was an early abortion rights activist and author of the book Abortion is a Blessing. Barbara was a major winner in FFRF’s essay competition for graduate students, writing about the bible’s role in the abortion battle. She was also a 2019 Wadsworth-Sheng Scholar with the Center for Inquiry.
Barbara is an Information Specialist and Instructor of Information Science. She has a Master in Library and Information Science from the University of Illinois-Urbana/Champaign, as well as an Advanced Specialist Certificate in Information Science from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Barbara is the author of Embedded Business Librarianship for the Public Librarian with ALA Editions.
Research studies, interviews, and essays that Barbara has participated in:
- Getting a Legal Abortion in Wisconsin during COVID-19: https://www.wuwm.com/podcast/lake-effect-segments/2020-06-15/getting-a-legal-abortion-in-wisconsin-is-even-harder-because-of-covid-19#stream/0
- How Medication Abortion Legislation in Wisconsin Impedes Access to Safe Care: https://scholars.org/contribution/how-medication-abortion-legislation-wisconsin
- Medication or surgical abortion? An exploratory study of patient decision making on a popular social media platform: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34022196/
- Ask An Atheist: Reproductive Rights in the Age of Disinformation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnCeBVWRrGU
- Ask an Atheist: Abortion Rights Under Siege: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjTuCBmvtOA
- Ask An Atheist: The Threatened Status of Abortion Rights: https://de-de.facebook.com/4ffrf/videos/ask-an-atheist-the-threatened-status-of-abortion-rights/998978030517839/
- The bible and abortion legislation: https://www.freethoughttoday.com/vol-36-no-09-november-2019/second-place-grad-student-essay-contest-barbara-alvarez